Thursday 12 January 2012

Batcave ~ Work In Progress Pictures

So I thought i'd update this project as I got significant build time in this afternoon, first things first I apologize for the use of flash in the pictures, it got really late on here and the lighting in the house is incredibly poor, the pictures wouldn't of been worth showing if i'd not used flash. At least you get to see where i'm up to though :-)
The first thing I want to change is the foundation stud size, currently x6 in height they are too small and Bruce would have to duck to walk through them, I suspect this is a c3 brick to lego conversion thing, I probably miscounted how high the original pillars were, it's not a big deal as its really easily rectified.

*Note* if you see any mismatched colour bricks, corner pieces or plates these will be changed to a better colour at a later date, sometimes i've not had the exact grey so i've picked the closest colour, rest assured they'll be replaced in the final version.

I've reversed the control room so the monitor is facing the 2nd floor as opposed to the original. There probably will be a second baseboard accompanying this so when that is added it might very well be reversed back to the original position.
The Staircase you see is incredibly basic and yes I will be changing it. As noted in the first LDD shots, they were designed this way to get by some of the building restrictions for the software.

There isn't much to change, maybe some of the slopes will be redesigned in the final version, i'd like to swap out some of the colours and as above it maybe reverted to its original configuration.
Ok first error here is that i didn't anticipate the clock door not opening (ha) but i'll figure that out quickly enough, I also want to redesign the clock too, its a little too basic and i'm sure with some experimenting with the bricks i can get a more accurate grandfather clock/door.
I might re-use the method I used for an opening container door on my shipping container build, or go for something entirely different.


There isn't really much to change out here, i'm happy with how this part looks, the only missing pieces are the 1x3 bricks in blue that i'm still waiting on, here would be a good point to check the left side balcony over the stairs, this is where i intend to extend the 3rd floor to include Bruce's study.

I hope you enjoyed looking at the photographs of the Work In Progress model. I'm pretty satisfied that from this point onwards i'll be able to recreate a fully functional Batcave i'll just keep chipping away at the tasks and things I want to change.

As always when I have a significant update on this model project i'll post up pictures and plans.

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment