Monday 19 December 2011

The Joker arrives.. Batcave Parts List


So I thought I'd post another update. For those who actually know me on facebook, will know that I suffer with an Illness called Crohns, unfortunately in the last 2-3 weeks it has flared up, so any projects i have going will be done in time when i'm feeling right to do so.



My first update is the new acquisition of the Joker! ~ this version is different from the Batcave one, the one I have this time round collecting is the release from the 2004 c3 Chemical Warehouse Playset. I still hope to try and acquire the Batcave version, which i had about a year and half ago collecting them, you can see my previous one here: The Joker > Returns to Action ~ a shot from Flickr

My second update is just to let everyone know why I haven't updated the Batcave, as well as the actual Crohns Illness being very problematic, so much so that last Friday I almost ended up in M.A.U (Medical Assessment Unit) at the local Hospital, but mostly because of how fiddly creating a parts list for the Batcave is. On the program i used to recreate it, Lego Digital Designer, there is a building guide that allows you to generate a HTML copy so you can view it as a list or webpage. That being said it also includes every single picture, so printing this out would waste alot of unneccessary paper as well as cost alot from the library, i tried to cut out the pictures from the main page, even tried emailing myself the copy of the document so i could just have the parts list as an Inventory but it's absolutely NO GO. > <

My only option therefore is to write down per step which bricks i'm going to need into an Excel Spreadsheet, whilst this is taking a while, theres 237 steps to build the Batcave and over 700 bricks to list, the printout of the spreadsheet should only be 2-3 pages maximum which will cost me about 30or so pence from the library instead of 147 pages.

This whole issue could be avoided if LDD would have had an option in the tools menu or building menu to generate a proper parts list with descriptions rather than pictures. *Sigh* Ohwel, I can still build it and it justs going to take perserverance on my part to list everything myself first.

Out of the 237 steps or so they all aren't legitimate either, on LDD's building guide print it actually states they aren't always completely accurate, so the program does need some tweaking, one example of this could be, the command module on the second floor, could need say 10-12 bricks to build it and just completed in 4 steps, what it does after that is list an additional step 5 to show you the whole process in one pictoral. So there are probably about 15 steps from those 237 that aren't actually needed.

I'll post up again with an Inventory and Parts list when i've finished. I'm currently on #132 and i want to get this finished by today, I am soon to be expecting a good Minimate Parcel with plenty of Heroes and Villains as well as Bruce Wayne himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment