Sunday 5 February 2012

Gallery Update & Two P1 Demitri's

Hello Readers,
I've been immersed in the world of Minimates for a couple of weeks now as most of you are aware, my projects seem to be coming along quite nicely, i'm faced with the same dilemma as everyone in collecting ''Always wanting more than your wallet can afford'' As a result some of the projects are pending payments and it will only be a matter of time before they resume.

The Batcave is one of these projects, I've gone as far as I possibly could do with this and it's pending several bricklink orders to finish off the 3rd floor study, I'm pleased to update you all though and let you know the Elevator is successfully installed into the Batcave.

Those of you who read my posts on the Minimate Multiverse will also be aware that in January I began a poll for my next Building Project, and by a substantial 10 votes margin people voted that the Baxter Building will be my next project, the home of the Fantastic 4! ~ Thanks to everyone who voted and took part and gave their thoughts and opinions, it's great that so many of you showed an interest in my project.

I've started preliminary designs on this already again using LDD (Lego Digital Designer), the ground floor lobby area and dummy floors have already been worked out. If you would like to read more on this visit the Minimate Multiverse thread here:
The Baxter Building

I've also been continuing the recruitement process into my Minimate roster at an alarming rate, in the last 2-3 weeks alone i've bought or pre-ordered more than 40 minimates, adding to the 60 or so I have, the process means everytime a new order comes in, a short bio is copied and a gallery shot added, if you'd like to see my Gallery you can view it here:
Minimates Gallery

Finally, as I said i've had some orders come in, one of them a lot of 7 loose Street Fighter Minimates. I bid and won the lot, intentionally because I wanted the P1 Morrigan, Evil Ryu, Lilith & Akuma. I knew i'd have doubles of Demitri, both in P1 & P2 but I was cool with this. When the lot arrived I was really pleased with them, However I instantly noticed a substantial colour difference with the P1 Demitri I'd just received and the one I got earlier on in December.

I did discuss this on Minimate Multiverse and it appears the one I got in the lot recently was released in a TRU 4 pack, it would also appear the manufacturer decided to change the paint and colour process.

The two photographs show the P1 Demitri's. The one on the left is the later TRU 4 pack release with the one on the right being the original release. Noteable changes are:
The colour of his hair is Lighter Brown than the original.
The colour of his flesh is peachy as opposed to the original which is pale.
The colour of the inside of his cape and boots is cherry red as opposed to a more orangey red in the original.
The colour of his actual outfit is also a different shade of blue.

Finally, and this is the standout difference is that the head/face design appears to be printed in two different colours? His eyes and brows are blue whilst his facial features like the face lines and mouth are black.

At this stage it hasn't been determined why the paint and colour choices were altered, however taking into consideration Demitri is supposed to be a vampire and the fact the early release was much paler it suits his character to be that shade/colour, then why change it?

I am not really sure why, either way I personally think this is quite cool, i am unsure yet whether all TRU 4packs have a substantial colour difference, it would be quite a strange yet funny outcome if Demitri was the only single Minimate in the Street Fighter series to undergo this change.

Hope you enjoyed the update, as always feedback or comments are welcomed. You can also reach me on the Minimate Multiverse my member name is Urban_Saboteur or alternatively over at flickr.com my screen name is Superiorraw.

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment